Fairy Tail Online RP

Modified Stat System Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Modified Stat System Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Modified Stat System

Kyoto
    Kyoto

Modified Stat System N51AM3g

Modified Stat System Empty Modified Stat System

Post by Kyoto Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:51 pm

This is based off Selenia's previous system

So what I was thinking is that depending on magic Rank they may start with one stat at their magic rank

Of course all D-Rank Mages have D-rank stats, an A-Rank Mage could pick one of the stats below to start out at A-Rank and rest would be at D-rank. Also if they wanted an A-rank Mage could get two B-Rank stats instead of one stat at A-Rank. Here they will still have to upgrade strength, speed, endurance as most mages actually lack in those fields since a lot aren’t combat proficient. Someone specializing in hand to hand combat that is an A-Rank mage might wanna put it in Strength or Speed, maybe even Endurance just depends on how their spells compliment them.

Comment idea/suggestions/thoughts below---Kyoto

Statistic System

Strength
    This stat affects physical damage done either with or without a weapon as well as how much an individual can lift.

• D-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of normal damage once per turn, able to lift up to 50 lbs
    • C-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of D-Rank damage once per turn, able to lift up to 100 lbs.
    • B-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of C-Rank damage once per turn, able to lift up to 225 lbs.
    • A-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of B-Rank damage once per turn, able to lift up to 350 lbs.
    • S-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of A-Rank damage once per turn, able to lift up to 475 lbs.
    • SS-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of S-Rank damage once per turn, able to lift up to 600 lbs.
    • X-Rank - Able to attack with physical damage of SS-Rank damage once per turn, able to lift up to 1,000lbs.

Precision
    This stat affects whether or not the enemy will usually be able to dodge a spell, as well as giving a small boost in range (not for AoE).

• D-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and basic range is 5 meters
    • C-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and range is increased by 5 meters
    • B-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and range is increased by 10 meters.
    • A-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and range is increased 25 meters.
    • S-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and range is increased by 45 meters.
    • SS-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and range is increased by 100 meters.
    • X-Rank - spells can reasonably hit, and range is increased by 225 meters.

Endurance

This stat affects how much physical damage can be blocked as well as increase their pain resistance.

• D-Rank - Able to block physical damage of normal damage once per turn, resists basic pain like slaps.
    • C-Rank - Able to block physical damage of D-Rank damage once per turn, resists basic pain like jabs and punches.
    • B-Rank - Able to block physical damage of C-Rank damage once per turn, able to resist pain of cuts and gashes or pain that affects 20% of the body.
    • A-Rank - Able to block physical damage of B-Rank damage once per turn, able to resist pain of losing one limb or pain that affects 40% of body.
    • S-Rank - Able to block physical damage of A-Rank damage once per turn, able to pain of losing two limbs or pain that affects 60% of the body.
    • SS-Rank - Able to block physical damage of S-Rank damage once per turn,  able to resist pain of losing three limbs or pain that affects 80% of the body.
    • X-Rank - Able to block physical damage of SS-Rank damage once per turn, able to resist pain of losing up to four limbs or pain that affects the entire body.

Speed

This stat affects movement as well as dodging skill and agility.

• D-Rank - Speed of normal spell, able to reasonably dodge basic spells
    • C-Rank  - Speed of D-Rank spell, able to reasonably dodge D-Rank spells.
    • B-Rank - Speed of C-Rank spell, able to reasonably dodge C-Rank spells.
    • A-Rank - Speed of B-Rank spell, able to reasonably dodge B-Rank spells.
    • S-Rank - Speed of A-Rank spell, able to reasonably dodge A-Rank spells.
    • SS-Rank - Speed of S-Rank spell, able to reasonably dodge S-Rank spells.
    • X-Rank - Speed of SS-Rank spell, able to reasonably dodge SS-Rank spells.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Modified Stat System FcB4idF

Modified Stat System Empty Re: Modified Stat System

Post by Ean Sableheart Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Foundation solid.

Look at a varying way to rank these up to prevent OP. (meaning they all don't rank up automatically with rank.)
    Bacon
    Bacon

Modified Stat System D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:23 pm

Ean Sableheart wrote:Foundation solid.

Look at a varying way to rank these up to prevent OP. (meaning they all don't rank up automatically with rank.)

The stats will be trained, dont worry. So this is good to go right? ^^
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Idea behind it is once you Rank up, you are able to reach that Rank in your stats. So if you are an A Rank mage your stats can be upgraded up to A-Rank. So your still having to rank up each stat individually.

So although someone is A-Rank doesn't mean all stats are A-Rank, they get to start with one stat at A-Rank rest at D-Rank. So they would have to rank up each stat from D to A.

Only way to reach SS-RANK stats is to actually be an SS-RANK Mage. Which means you would need to Rank up from A to SS for stats to be SS also.
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Modified Stat System TatR81B

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:04 am

Not sure if the "So although someone is A-Rank doesn't mean all stats are A-Rank, they get to start with one stat at A-Rank rest at D-Rank. So they would have to rank up each stat from D to A. " is explaining exactly what im asking or not so im gunna ask to clear it up at least for myself.

What about the majority of us who didn't have to start from D rank? We all get, for instance the GM's, one single SS rank stat and all others are at D rank and we must train them?
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Norou Shikage wrote:Not sure if the "So although someone is A-Rank doesn't mean all stats are A-Rank, they get to start with one stat at A-Rank rest at D-Rank. So they would have to rank up each stat from D to A. " is explaining exactly what im asking or not so im gunna ask to clear it up at least for myself.

What about the majority of us who didn't have to start from D rank? We all get, for instance the GM's, one single SS rank stat and all others are at D rank and we must train them?

Correct you pick one stat to be SS-Rank and the rest are D-Rank, and yes those D-Rank stats would have to be trained to be SS-Rank.
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Alright thanks~

How does one go about training such things? WC? Purchase?
    Bacon
    Bacon

Post by Bacon Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 pm

i want to say its similar to that of a pet. you make a training thread but we can do it without the buying of stats rank ups. up to you all
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Modified Stat System FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Even then make sure there are limiters so we don't have anyone with straight max stats.

My cents is you can have 3 minimum the max and only 2 stats can be S-rank. SS-rank counts as two S-ranks.

You need approval to upgrade an SS-rank stat to X-rank(cause X-rank strength is like, punching a mountain and it disappears. you know, that onepunch man shit).
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Ean Sableheart wrote:Even then make sure there are limiters so we don't have anyone with straight max stats.

My cents is you can have 3 minimum the max and only 2 stats can be S-rank. SS-rank counts as two S-ranks.

You need approval to upgrade an SS-rank stat to X-rank(cause X-rank strength is like, punching a mountain and it disappears. you know, that onepunch man shit).

Why is everyone so against max stats? or Max in anything. That's so limiting. If you put in the work to get all your stats high, there's nothing wrong with it. It's not GM if you literally train your character to be strong. I vote against limiting stats to only 2 max stats.

Now in terms of people diversifying they're stats to have certain strengths and weaknesses I can somewhat understand but that all comes with what someones willing to put into a character. How you upgrade your stats and how you balance them is all on you.

I would just like to touch once more on the subject of stat limiting. You should get out of your character what you put into them with no limits other than the very ceiling of power, namely X rank. The only reason I could see for wants to limit stats to only 2 Max stats would be fear of someone becoming maxed in all stats, and if that were the case, they earned that since you cannot simply buy stat levels.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:05 pm

From what I've read X-Rank isn't even completely implemented as an official rank. IMOP I would say I'm against limiting, but i think SS should be the Max rank with you being able to at end game max all your stats to SS. Firm believer in if you put in the time and work you should be rewarded and not limited.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:08 pm

It's to easy to rank up via WC, I can be SS rank in a week in all stats If we did it that way. (I say this because I did a timeline for A-Rank position and did 1300 WC easy and wasn't even 25% done with it) I would say using Jewels to rank up would be fine, since other than events they aren't giving out all crazy like other than posting and missions.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Post by Bacon Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:24 pm

i'm with kyoto on this. if needed, we can limit if it gets outta hand, but for now i believe we're fine with not limiting anything. after all, they have to work for it
    Selenia
    Selenia

Modified Stat System Qm1sqjP

Post by Selenia Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:27 pm

I think either Jewel or WC will be fine to rank up a stat; some people don't like to do jobs, but do like to post, so a WC might be better for them. However, both should be high. I don't think stats should be a top priority, so if anyone wants them, they're going to work very hard to get them.
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Kyoto wrote:It's to easy to rank up via WC, I can be SS rank in a week in all stats If we did it that way. (I say this because I did a timeline for A-Rank position and did 1300 WC easy and wasn't even 25% done with it) I would say using Jewels to rank up would be fine, since other than events they aren't giving out all crazy like other than posting and missions.

I don't think that anything above A rank should be so low as 1300 WC, for S/SS/X rank rank ups I think it should start somewhere around 2k and end somewhere around 5-8k IMO. It's still easy if you are skilled enough though that doesn't discount the fact that people are lazy and whatnot. Like I said, you should get out of your character what you put into them. If you wanna spend hours on hours in one week typing out like 50k words then by all means lol.

Perhaps we could do both, require either a word count or a hefty purchase if you wish to skip the word count. Also an alternative could be both a WC and Jewel requirement to keep ranking up, especially in the higher levels, something you REALLY have to spend time on by doing missions to get the required jewels first and then doing a WC post.

As far as limiting goes the only limiting I would agree on is probably X rank stats. Since SS is Guild Master level, I think perhaps all stats could go up to SS if you so wish and then 1 X rank stat or two, if there MUST be any sort of limiting. When you refer to things "getting out of hand" I don't understand what you mean because if someone is that powerful then its not "getting out of hand" it's literally what they are capable of.

Last edited by Norou Shikage on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:59 pm

As long as the WC is reasonable and the story is acceptable I don't mind doing WC also for rank ups.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:26 pm

I like the WC and Jewel combination to rank up, also I think X rank should be like event only so we can still have arcs that are CHALLENGING for those at SS rank.
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Kyoto wrote:I like the WC and Jewel combination to rank up, also I think X rank should be like event only so we can still have arcs that are CHALLENGING for those at SS rank.

I disagree, I think that X rank should be an open rank. Why you all might ask? Norou you are insane? Well...maybe but lets think about it for a moment. For those of you starting at D rank, attaining SS rank might even sound crazy or simply just a hassle because of the large gap between the two. This exact mindset should be used when even those of us that are GM's see X rank, the gap in power between an X rank mage and an SS rank mage, I believe, should be immense. X rank basically means you are similar in power to those mages in FT that are of legend, have changed the world or affected it in some way, shape or form that your power is so revered even the four Gods of Ishgar tremble in there robes at the sound of your name.

Now with what I just said I can understand why most of you would say this should be an event only rank but its not the events that make a mage, its the trial and tribulation. X ranked mages should be the ones that events revolve around not the other way around. Achieving X rank should be something that even someone starting at SS rank should have to work tediously to attain. While im sure the requirements for 100 year quests, which mind you are quests said to take 100 years to complete, are going to be hard enough as is that only the best of us will be able to complete.

I hate to sound slightly elite here but would you want someone inexperienced to have a high rank? No. Not because they are inexperienced, well...maybe a little... but because they lack the skills required to hold such a title. High ranks should be earned or you should prove yourself worthy of that. With that said, I don't understand why we haven't implemented X rank yet, it's not like it'll be hard to put the final end-cap of power on mages for the site, we set a limit and stick with it and reaching that end-cap should be, without a doubt, hard for even our most skilled of players, simple as that.

~End speech~
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:50 pm

When I say "Event Only" I am referring to bosses in the arc and/or event, simply because our Current GM's I believe have the ability RP WISE to achieve X-Rank with a few members included in this aswell. So let's say we have an Event and 5 X-Rank join, either the event has to be made harder simply because of them or it is a breeze. So I think X-Rank should possibly be an NPC only rank, unless we introduce another rank that is unreachable by players (Z-Rank) to give those of X-Rank a challenge.
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:09 am

Kyoto wrote:When I say "Event Only" I am referring to bosses in the arc and/or event, simply because our Current GM's I believe have the ability RP WISE to achieve X-Rank with a few members included in this aswell. So let's say we have an Event and 5 X-Rank join, either the event has to be made harder simply because of them or it is a breeze. So I think X-Rank should possibly be an NPC only rank, unless we introduce another rank that is unreachable by players (Z-Rank) to give those of X-Rank a challenge.

Having 5 different people be X rank, this would be an event you would be talking about far, far in the future, half a year at least. X rank isn't something you should be able to attain in a few short months even, you should have to show copious amounts of dedication and work on your character to get there. Why would the event have to be made harder? We shouldn't even have the need for NPC protagonists or Antagonists.

We should strive for a site that plot-wise, runs its self. Players should be taking the initiative to shape the world around them, some changing it how they please while others protect old ways or even new ways. Since the site is still at its beginnings I could understand the first few "Events" being NPC run mostly but I still think that the higher levels players should be taking initiative to make something happen, I for one will be.

Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Also as a part of this topic we should also be discussing stat buffs/debuffs and how they should work within this along with its limitations per rank.
    Admin
    Admin

Modified Stat System OPwF1AW

Post by Admin Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:25 pm

here:

this still gonna work for new stats system?
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Yeah just would remove the word tier, to where it says +/- Rank
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Great~