Fairy Tail Online RP

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE] Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE] Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE]

Obsidian Nightshade
    Obsidian Nightshade

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE] FcB4idF

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE] Empty Obsidian Nightshade [DONE]

Post by Obsidian Nightshade Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Obsidian Nightshade
    False Liar
    14 months
    March 10
    Tulpa: Demon
    D-Rank
    Chaotic Neutral
    Male

Species Ability/Perk
    Idea Protection:Even though Obsidian is an idea and would normally be impossible to be killed, he became mortal due to the beliefs of others. All Mental Attacks are increased by 50%. All Physical/Non-Magical Attacks are lowered depending on the Attacker's rank to Obsidian's.
    Comparing Attacker to Obsidian:
    Fake Presence: Obsidian Nightshade is a mental projection and does not leave any physical evidence of his presence. This means that tracking him in anyway extremely difficult and nigh-impossible. Obsidian is incapable of producing any kind of scent or sound other than his voice. He doesn't leave any footprints or fingerprints on anything. Blood, hair, skin particles, etc would all dissipate into dust and produce no odor. Any form of tracking that are based on smell, taste or sound would yield no result. However, tracking abilities that are based on sight, touch and mental are still effective. Due to him having mass, detection abilities similar to echolocation that detects mass are as effective on any normal person.

Special Unique Characteristics
    Due to the idea of his "father", Obsidian is a tulpa with aspects of a demon. As such, Obsidan's eyes can glow crimson red when experiencing intense emotions.

Character Depth
    Personality: In battle, Obsidian is a comedian that doesn't take the risks seriously. In fact, he is willing to joke about his own injuries just so it would annoy his enemies. Also, he is also willing to perform magic tricks during battle to surprise his opponents and annoy them. However, his jokes are just his coping mechanism. He is actually trying to buy time to develop a plan of action. Obsidian is quite cunning and can trick his opponents into putting him in a more ideal position. He has been known to be able to trick many adversaries and had devised several complex plans to benefit himself. Outside of battle, he is a pleasant fellow who enjoys performing tricks for the amusement of others. He's respectful to anyone and enjoys being praised by others. He's willing to help others and take some of his time to do so. Though, he has been known to cause mischief when given the chance. Most of the tricks he had done were for fun, but occasionally they can be used for vengeance. He can occasionally hold grudges against others, but he can forget them over time. He also has a pleasant personality where he can easily make friends and get on good terms with strangers. However, they bonds he had created can be easily break if it's for his "father". To elaborate, he is willing to kill and lie for the sake of his "father". The origin of this loyalty was instilled into him when he was first created full the Arc of Embodiment. Obsidian is an idea that his "father" had and was created through his thoughts with the aspects of a demon. As such, he both admires and fears his father because of his power. His demonic nature express itself as his mischievous nature and also causes him to have a chaotic nature. To clarify on his chaotic nature, he has been none to impede the progress of a mission and cause an uproar whenever possible. After betraying those who trusted and believes in him, he feels no remorse from his actions. In his mind, all he thinks about is that following his "father"'s plans is more important than anything else. That everything is worth it in the end for his "father". However, he is also aware that his "father" is not immortal. Meaning, that if his "father" dies so will Obsidian. This cause Obsidian to start thinking of another way to preserve himself. In short, he desires to become a historical figure where he can be remembered and can continue to live.

- Praise: Obsidian enjoys being praised by other through performing tricks.
    - Sweets: He also enjoys eating anything that has a sweet taste.
    - Tricks: Obsidian loves tricking people though the intensity of the tricks can vary.

Dislikes:
    - Observant Audiences: Obsidian get annoyed by anyone that can see through his tricks.
    - Lack of a Spotlight: He hates it when he's not getting enough attention from others.
    - Tough Crowds: He also gets extremely annoyed if an audience isn't impressed by his performance.

Fears:
    - No Purpose: Obsidian's existence is based on a purpose and he's fear that he'll disappear once the purpose is gone.
    - Forgotten: He also fears of being forgotten as it would mean the same thing as death to him.
    - Discarded: Obsidian fears that his "father" would discard him should he appear to be unreliable.

Motivations/Goals:
    - Approval: Obsidian seeks the approval of his "father" and would do anything to get it.
    - Trickster: He is motivated to trick a large number of people through various means.
    - Existing: He also desire to go down in history so that everyone in the future will remember him so that he can continue to exist.

Appearance
    Hair: White
    Eyes: Crimson Red
    Skin Tone: Pale
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140 lbs (63.6 kg)
    Overall Appearances: Obsidian is a young looking man whose in his teens. He stands at 5'10" and weighs about 140 lbs. He has short white hair that reaches to his ears with crimson red eyes as well as a pale complexion. He also wears a magician outfit everywhere he goes.
    Obsidian Nightshade:

Other

Guild: Sabertooth
    Guild Tattoo: Right Shoulder Blade Colored Red

Last edited by Obsidian Nightshade on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Selenia
    Selenia

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE] Qm1sqjP

Obsidian Nightshade [DONE] Empty Re: Obsidian Nightshade [DONE]

Post by Selenia Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:47 pm

Hey, Obsidian c: My name's Selenia and I'll be grading your app today!

Everything honestly looks awesome, I just want to discuss your species and the perks that go along with it before approving your app ^^

First off, I know your character was an Arc of Embodiment spell that practically has become his own person. However, you said the species was Tulpa: Demon, and I have absolutely no idea what that is. Just add in any information on what they are or what the mage who created you knows about them. The more information you can give us about what your species is, the better.

Second, your perks. While I totally understand where you're coming from in relation to how they work, we might need to tweak them in order to make them balanced.

Spoiler:
    First off, idea embodiment. I like the concept, but I'm afraid that mental attacks are far and few between, while non-mental attacks are... literally everything else. So I'm going to have to ask you to change this; I know you skewed the numbers to try to make it fair, but I'm afraid there's just too much you're defending against.

If you'd like, you could change the numbers to reduce the physical damage he takes (due to being the embodiment of an idea, which still goes with your perk) and increased the spell damage he takes by the same amount. Up you how you change the perk, but I'm going to need you to edit it in regard to what it defends against with relation to how your character is the embodiment of an idea. (You also have the option to change/remove it completely, whatever you think is best!)

Spoiler:
    Again, I'm afraid mental abilities are limited, so I'm going to have to ask you to change this perk a bit as well. While I believe the lack of physical evidence and lack of scent, as well as blood, hair, skin particles etc, since he was an idea after all is fine, I'm going to ask that sound not be included. From what we have seen in the anime and manga, Arc of Embodiment creations do have mass, so echolocation and those ways of being able to locate people would have to work. While tracking via smell, taste, and touch would not be possible for him, sight, sound, and mental abilities would be viable methods to search for him, which seems much more balanced in my opinion.

Please bump to let me know when you've edited and I'll get back to you ASAP, thank you!
    Obsidian Nightshade
    Obsidian Nightshade

Post by Obsidian Nightshade Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Okay, I've made my changes.

On the topic of my species, I elaborated by explaining that he was created with aspects of a demon which is why he's mischievous and chaotic in nature.

I changed the name of the first perk to Demonic Idea Protection, which increase resistance to Fire and Darkness Attacks by 10% with a 50% bonus against Physical/Non-Magical Attacks with the whole idea embodiment thing. I also increased the damage from Light Attack by 25% and Mental Attacks by 50%. It should be balanced now as I assume that Physical/Non-Magical Attacks would be scarce with Mental Attacks as well.

On my second perk, I listened to your suggestion and tweaked it. Sound, Taste and Smell won't detect him while Touch, Sight and Mental Abilities are still effective. The reason I switched Touch and Sound was that I was thinking of Toph Bei Fong who is capable of detecting mass through Seismic Vibrations while still being vulnerable to airborne attacks. She relied on Touch instead of Sound. However, detection that finds mass like Echolocation is still effective. Hopefully this is acceptable.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Spoiler:
    Please remove the Darkness/Fire and Light parts; I just feel like it's more than one perk with all the different increases and decreases.

As to the Mental and Physical percentages, please make it increase/decrease based on the rank of what hits in relation to your character's rank. Something like this should work: A mage/mental attack strikes you, the percentage is 50% if the mage/spell is equal to your rank or lower, if the mage/spell is one rank higher, it's 40%, if the mage/spell is two ranks higher, it's 30%, if the mage/spell is three ranks higher, it's 20%, if the mage/spell is three ranks higher, it's 10%, and anything rank higher doesn't reduce it at all.

Feel free to change the wording as you wish to make it fit your app.

Please edit and then bump to let me know when you're done and I'll check your app once you have, thank you! <3
    Obsidian Nightshade
    Obsidian Nightshade

Post by Obsidian Nightshade Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Bump!
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:38 pm

APPROVED~