Fairy Tail Online RP

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion]

Selenia
    Selenia

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] Qm1sqjP

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] Empty Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion]

Post by Selenia Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:27 pm

So a lot of perks and spells dead with percentages. Can we have a standarized rule for what each rank's percentage is?

I suggest this:

D Rank - 10%
    C Rank - 15%
    B Rank - 20%
    A Rank - 25%
    S Rank - 30%
    SS Rank - 40%
    X Rank - 50%

Not only would this make things a lot more fair and balanced, but it would allow for apps to be graded on a scale and help out graders by setting standards for everything instead of trying to balance it by itself.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] N51AM3g

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] Empty Re: Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion]

Post by Kyoto Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Seeing that the site will be using a tier system with stats, buffs and debuffs probably should be based on increasing or decreasing tier rank in particular stat. So here at lowest rank you can buff or debuff one stat up or down one rank At the highest rank (I'm stopping at SS) You can buff or debuff upto two stats one rank. This can be adjusted/modified to fit accordingly.

D-Rank: +/- 1 Rank for 2 Posts (1 Stat Only)
    C-Rank: +/- 1 Rank for 3 Posts (1 Stat Only)
    B-Rank: +/- 1 Rank for 5 Posts (1 Stat Only)
    A-Rank: +/- 1 Rank for 3 Posts (2 Stat Only)
    S-Rank: +/- 1 Rank for 5 Posts (2 Stat Only)
    SS-Rank: +/- 1 Rank for 7 Posts (2 Stat Only)

These are basic rules as some peoples magic might someway conflict with it depending on their restrictions.

This is just something I came with as it is flexible for the supplementary mage. They can choose to have lower rank spells that last short, or higher rank spells that have a little longer duration on them.

Last edited by Kyoto on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bacon
    Bacon

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] D3kALDY

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] Empty Re: Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion]

Post by Bacon Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:24 pm

moving to archives for later discussion.
    Kitten
    Kitten

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] TatR81B

Post by Kitten Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:20 pm

[UNLOCKED]
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:31 pm

MY original post edited
    -Removed Tiers
    -Dropped Max # stat buffs down to two
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:11 pm

What Kyo made is fine although I think durations should go up a bit.

My reasoning is taht these would be combat posts. Most posts will consist of 30 seconds to a minute tops of IC time. Basically your saying an A-rank spell can only last 3 minutes tops.

I'd also open up for more variety. Fewer rank ups for longer durations etc. There are hundreds of things I'd want to do with boosts so I recommend not setting it to roughly but having something clear that says

"you want to boost this many ranks for this long? It has to be this rank". It functions but they're to small in my opinion.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:48 pm

I mean honestly IMOP I think buffs are up to player discretion that can be approved by staff, because lets say you have a mage that is basically a melee fighter who might choose to increase his strength and speed of course to me he would be able to sustain his buff longer versus a mage that is using a buff and also using his magic power for other spells. I'd think the melee fighter would be more conditioned, but I that could be a matter of opinion I guess. Or even a melee fighter boosting 1 stat, might last longer versus a melee fighter using a buff for 2 stats. We the staff could have a hidden range (from members) that we consider the type of character they have to determine if we accept the buff duration. I mean I'm all for someone even being able to boost all 4 stats at once as long as it was an acceptable duration.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:09 pm

this is kind of the grey line where I say.

If it doesn't ABSOLUTELY have to be done. don't do it. Everyones only here to have fun rules can fuck with that. The less rules the better (even from a staff perspective this is much better).

Leave this alone for now do the musts and find out the hard way if we need to do this.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:05 pm

So buffs will be up to player and mod discretion if it is approved.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Personally I believe more in equal opportunity. If you had the option and you didn't choose to take it, that's your fault. Unless we're going to make a system that divides chars into groups and then determine how many stat boosts one group can get over another, then be my guest, but otherwise I don't like it being all ambiguous like this.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Groups would be bad considering alot of people could probably classify themselves as more than one group. With everyone starting off at D-Rank itd be to hard to place groups especially if spells are made early versus end game
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:46 pm

If not we can just increase duration to what I posted previously so it's fair and people can't say "I didn't know my boost could go that long" after looking at someone else's spells later on down the line.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm just saying that from a moderator's perspective, it's not going to be easy to grade characters fairly all the time since it's so ambiguous. If the groups aren't going to work, maybe just let everyone have the same stat boosts, but I don't like the ambiguousness of it all because people will complain sooner or later that they think mods didn't grade their app right, and it could end up being either way thanks to the ambiguity in this system.

Last edited by Selenia on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:50 pm

I agree since we do have people that grade drunk
    Uriel M. Raven
    Uriel M. Raven

Pecentage Increases/Decreases [Open Discussion] K9sMTXL

Post by Uriel M. Raven Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Bump
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm okay with what Kyoto has made here. My only point is that we need X Rank. We don't have anything on them now, and eventually, somebody is going to read that point, and we're going to be caught unawares.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 pm

At the time I joined the site and made this I was told X_Rank is non existent ATM (which means later implementation)
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:22 pm

The only reason X rank isn't at thing IMO is because Zed and Ean didn't want it and convinced everyone its evil...

I see no reason why we can't implement it now it in less than ten seconds. It's just a rank higher than SS lol.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:45 pm

As Bacon has agreed we will implement X Rank later.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:50 pm

Im editing Kyoto's stat boosts into the stat guide and no one can stop me >:c

But seriously, this has been done forever and now that stats are edited, someone archive it since I'm on my phone~ Or I'll just do it tomorrow
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Oh wait, forgot Mizu said we needed an X-Rank one. Any suggestions?

I'd say either 3 boosts for 5 posts or 2 boosts for 9 posts. Any decisions?
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:33 pm

2 Stat for 9 and 3 stat for 5
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 pm

seems legit.
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Both for X

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:30 am