Fairy Tail Online RP

New Slayer Information Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

New Slayer Information Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

New Slayer Information

Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

New Slayer Information FcB4idF

New Slayer Information Empty New Slayer Information

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:56 am

Slayer Magic Information:

Dragon Slayers:
    This form of Magic was born over four hundred years ago during the Dragon Civil War. The Dragons split into two factions: those who supported peaceful coexistence with humans, and those who did not. However, the war ripped apart the lands and was locked in a constant stalemate. To end the stalemate, the Dragons that supported coexistence played a dangerous card: they taught their special Magic to the humans they sought to coexist with. Although the war shifted in their favor, the Dragons miscalculated. Some of the humans who were taught this special Magic began to slay not only enemy Dragons, but allied ones as well. Such actions earned the humans who were taught this magic by the dragons the name Dragon Slayer. Dragon Slayers can eat all pure forms of their own element, but they cannot eat elements that are mixed with other elements. In example, Ice Dragon Slayers cannot eat Dark Ice. If they do, they get incredibly sick and damage will still be done to them.

The form of elemental magic they use is neutral (pure) one which is in between the light and dark side of the magical spectrum. This type of magic deals double damage to Lizard, Wyvern, and Dragon non-human type opponents.

Though Dragon Slayers get all of these perks, they do have one set back: Motion sickness. Dragon Slayers cannot ride on vehicles of why kind without getting motion sickness. However, they can use their exceeds or friends to fly around as they are not vehicles. Motion sickness can be cured per thread by the use of a status effect healing spell.

Extra Boosts:
    Duration of Dragon Force:
    -A-rank or less Lasts 8 posts
    -S-rank lasts 10 posts
    -SS-rank lasts 12 posts
    -X-rank lasts 15 posts

FIRST GENERATION:

SECOND GENERATION:

Duration of 2nd gen dragon force:
    A-rank or less: lasts 6 posts
    -S-rank: lasts 9 posts
    SS-rank: lasts 11 posts
    X-rank: lasts 14 posts

THIRD GENERATION:

A-rank or less: Lasts 9 posts
    S-rank: lasts 12 posts
    SS-rank: lasts 14 posts
    X-rank: lasts 17 posts

MIXED DRAGON SLAYER:

Dual slayer mode can only be activated once per thread and can be activated at will.

notice: Only first gen dragon slayers can become mixed slayers.
    [/spoiler]

God Slayer Magic:
    God Slayers can eat any form of their own element; pure and mixed. However, they cannot consume the element of their Demon Slayer counterpart. 

The color of God Slayer Magic is a darker version of the element's natural color and usually appears as a black version of whatever element they're using. This form of elemental magic uses darkness which is on one end of the magical spectrum. The element of darkness is being mixed with the other elements to alter their properties slightly. This caused the God Slayer magic to deal double damage towards Holy, God, and Angel type non-human beings. For example, the Heaven God Slayer uses a dark form of light that is beyond a Dragon Slayer's ability to consume. Dragon and Demon Slayer's cannot consume this magic.

Extra Boosts:
    Duration of God's will:
    -S-rank lasts 10 posts
    -SS-rank lasts 12 posts
    -X-rank lasts 15 posts

FIRST GENERATION:

SECOND GENERATION:

Duration of God's will for 2nd generation slayers:
    -S-rank: lasts 9 posts
    THIRD GENERATION:

A-rank or less: lasts 9 posts
    -S-rank: lasts 12 posts

MIXED GOD SLAYER:

Dual slayer mode can only be activated once per thread and can be activated at will.

notice: Only first gen dragon slayers can become mixed slayers.
    [/spoiler] 

Devil/Demon Slayer magic:
    Also known as Exorcist Mages, Devil Slayers are people that utilize Devil Slayer Magic. Like Dragon Slayers and God Slayers, Devil Slayers can also become resistant to the effects of their respective element and can even eat it to replenish their strength. To some degree, it appears that Devil Slayers have the ability to resist the effects of curses however a large portion of their body turns black and has the appearance of being dead. 

Demon Slayers can eat any form of their own element; pure and mixed. However, they cannot consume the element of their God Slayer counterpart. The color of Demon Slayer Magic is a whiter version of the element's natural color. This is because the form of elemental magic they use is light which is on the other end of the magical spectrum. 

The element of light is being mixed with the other elements to alter their properties slightly. Because of the mixed in light properties, Demon Slayers deals double damage towards Darkness, Demon, and Undead type non-human beings. For example, the Hell Demon Slayer uses a blessed form of darkness that is beyond a Dragon and God Slayer's ability to consume.

Extra Boosts:

Duration of Devil's Sin:
    -S-rank lasts 10 posts
    -SS-rank lasts 12 posts
    -X-rank lasts 15 posts

FIRST GENERATION:

SECOND GENERATION:

S-rank: lasts 9 posts

THIRD GENERATION:
    Duration of Devil's Sin for 3rd generation slayers:
    A-rank or less: lasts 9 posts
    -S-rank: lasts 12 posts
    MIXED DEMON SLAYER:
    [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

New Slayer Information ODFYPdI

New Slayer Information Empty Re: New Slayer Information

Post by Amaterasu Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:28 am

mixed slayer info goes against the multiple elements rule that was passed
    Axium 'War' Ikaru
    Axium 'War' Ikaru

Post by Axium 'War' Ikaru Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:12 am

1) @ama in honesty your mixed element rule killed mixed gen. 2) I also don't think making mixed gen a mode is a way to fix this. It should be a secondary magic. Not to mention how would the mode work if people wanted to make new spells for their mixed gen form. People get mixed gen for the new pissibilities., and a mode doesn't allow that. Not to mention a Slayer cannot gain another type of magic for secondary anyway.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:22 am

the mixed element rule balances multiple elements, stop complaining about it.
    Axium 'War' Ikaru
    Axium 'War' Ikaru

Post by Axium 'War' Ikaru Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am

Exactly how? Honestly multiple elements is the only way for a Slayer to get a secondary magic. It's not like a Slayer can just go get a different magic for secondary. That's how slayers work. So in that not, forcing a mixed gen to waste a slot to get a mixed element that not to mention is 2 ranks lower, makes it complete useless in a fight.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:52 am

we aren't gonna let people run around with 5 different elements, so 3 slots is plenty fine.  I will talk to sonya about adding advanced slots
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

New Slayer Information N51AM3g

Post by Mizuko Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:23 pm

For dragon slayer's force, you said it was determined by element which stats are raised. You may want to add a chart so people know which ones to raise, depending on their element.
    Grimrok
    Grimrok

Post by Grimrok Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Amaterasu wrote:mixed slayer info goes against the multiple elements rule that was passed
    Development deals with systems. You are not in development. They agreed multi element was fine.

Kosovo wrote:1) @ama in honesty your mixed element rule killed mixed gen. 2) I also don't think making mixed gen a mode is a way to fix this. It should be a secondary magic. Not to mention how would the mode work if people wanted to make new spells for their mixed gen form. People get mixed gen for the new pissibilities., and a mode doesn't allow that. Not to mention a Slayer cannot gain another type of magic for secondary anyway.

I normally don't get into Dragon Slayer stuff but I believe Mixed Slayer should be a perk that they can switch in and out of. Switch in to use a 1-3 Mixed Spells, then switch back out with a cooldown. I don't believe their should be more than 2 elements for it honestly. Soon enough it will go from three, to four, to five. It's a little ridiculous and it honestly doesn't make sense to me because the anime says you can't eat other elements than your own, then some bull goes down and that rule is broken, and now they can eat any element? lol I'm cool with them having their own element+1 other if it's explained, as it should be. That alone is strong enough. Adding bonus elements does not make you stronger. You make you stronger.

Amaterasu wrote:we aren't gonna let people run around with 5 different elements, so 3 slots is plenty fine.  I will talk to sonya about adding advanced slots

I agree with this but personally I think 2 is plenty. What the fuck is the point in being the Fire Dragon Slayer if you're the Fire/Wind/Steel Slayer. I mean honestly. Natsu and Gajeel got their bonus elements in an explained way, although bullshit.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:41 pm

true I do agree with this but I still think it needs to be done a specific way otherwise people will just make BS topics get the element and walk away without any issues.  I am fine with two elements, I thought three would be nice too but want two? Then go for it
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm

I'll make sure getting mixed slayer is a massive difficulty. That's for another topic. This is strictly on a functionality basis. Methods of obtaining a second element are still pending I'm concerned about how everything works. I believe everything functions properly here. If it does not. Point out what does not function. If it does, make it public we have slayers waiting to do their magic.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Dragon and I are working on a way to make everyone happy with the slayer magic, so far we have come up with something pretty solid He or I will post the final results soon :D
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:22 pm

=_= then why did I spend my break between class and lab doing this?

The issue is hte means of obtaining something which is very simple through an approvals process where the threads involved have to be presented before a staff member whose only job is to do these kinds of approvals. I haven't heard any issue with the power levels of any of this.
    Amaterasu
    Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:22 pm

huh no we are talking about the means of getting it, I am fine with your systems
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm

then make this part public. The means of 3rd generation and mixed slayers should be different yet equally difficult.
    Grimrok
    Grimrok

Post by Grimrok Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Here is what we came up with that we feel should be added.

• You have to have a relationship with the user 5-10 threads of which are staff approved and have at least 2 pages worth of length. This is so not just anyone can up and join a thread and grab an element.
    • You need to have a WC of 1,500 in order to have the magic activated, you can however use the posts in the transference thread for the WC if it is enough.
    • You would need open spell slots in order to use the double element spells, basically, make spells if you have the slots for it. 
    • The spells of the combined elements are .5x stronger than your highest ranked spell. This means if you purchase spells slots for this, they need to be the rank of your highest spell.So if an S-Rank wants to make a double element spell they need to buy and S-Rank spell slot for it, and that spell will be the power of S-Rank x.5

I think this is it? Let me know if I missed something but I think this is good.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:07 am

"The spells of the combined elements are .5x stronger than your highest ranked spell. This means if you purchase spells slots for this, they need to be the rank of your highest spell.So if an S-Rank wants to make a double element spell they need to buy and S-Rank spell slot for it, and that spell will be the power of S-Rank x.5"

I don't understand this rule. This rule ultimately mutes the effectiveness of a double element cause you'll only be able to have say two or three. In addition, for people who need to rank up, they will need to constantly update this every time. Put in the possibility taht a B-rank (minimum rank) wants to make a spell and it is so at B.5 rank. However they become A-rank and this spell needs to be updated to fit with A-rank cooldowns and uses up one of the very few slots you had available to you. This isn't practical or fair by means. You'll only have one or two double element spells which you can rarely use and at the cost of the power of 3rd generation, as I will not allow both.

consider dual element slayers equal to 3rd generation slayers. Instead of getting a longer duration in their dragon force(or equivalent), they must get something of equal value. I chose to go with dual slayer mode. I set this mode so that all spells are given the element and increase by one rank in power, with no spell rank exceeding the players rank, a rule I will set for all generations, in which case the spells power should be 1.5x stronger instead of full strength.

Spells already made may not gain extra effects aside from the added element for elemental advantage and the boost in power. Other spells may be made in addition that are to be used exclusively in dual slayer mode however such spells may not be lower than B-rank and depending on the effects, may be required to be higher.

I'll use Alex's desired lightning/metal slayer as an example. Should Alex seek to make some sort of magnet effect, he could not do this through an ability or an already made spell. He is still, by definition, a lightning slayer. He may however create a magnet effect by means of a B or A rank spell depending on the degree of power he wishes to have with it. This creates balance by making him use a spell slot, while also setting him to the cooldown rules of B and A-rank spells, preventing pointless spamming. In addition, he could also create spells exclusively of the second element.

Now the point of a second element being like a secondary magic. In the show, while there is a point where a dragon slayer (Cobra) uses a magic that is not a dragon slayer magic, it is in a filler arc, and therefore not canon. This is enough to make it conceivably possible to have other means of getting secondary magic. Ultimately however this makes little to no sense from a mechanical point and can result in extremely OP power. Therefore I'm of a mind to allow them secondary magic spell slots exclusively for the use of the dual slayer mode, prevent things from becoming to restricting. Spells of both elements, as stated before, will fill B-rank or higher spell slots. In addition, they may use their D and C-rank secondary spell slots for spells of only the secondary element, however these single element spells of the second element may never exceed C-rank, while those of both elements must be at least B-rank(as stated multiple times in this little article I've written).

This is the entirety of how I envisioned things working out. While I'm okay with the first two rules as a restriction to even gaining a second element, I am not okay with setting rules like that which remove the fairness and practicality of having two elements.

In a final note, I've had the thought of adding a recoil to the use of both Dragon Force(equivalent) and the dual slayer mode, as a means of preventing it from being used from the get go and to give its usage more meaning.
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

New Slayer Information N51AM3g

Post by Mizuko Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:36 am

Mizuko wrote:For dragon slayer's force, you said it was determined by element which stats are raised. You may want to add a chart so people know which ones to raise, depending on their element.

Ignored????
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Mizuko wrote:
    Mizuko wrote:For dragon slayer's force, you said it was determined by element which stats are raised. You may want to add a chart so people know which ones to raise, depending on their element.

Ignored????

nope just something far more immediate needing to be done.
    Axium 'War' Ikaru
    Axium 'War' Ikaru

Post by Axium 'War' Ikaru Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:30 am

This is strictly how slayers work and how Mixed and 3rd Gen come into place.

1st Generation:

2nd Generation:

3rd Generation:

Mixed-Element Slayers:
    Enzeru Metsuki
    Enzeru Metsuki

Post by Enzeru Metsuki Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 am

"This is the most basic of slayers, the baby if you will. This is the slayer that you fill out the application to apply for and is also the most versatile for progression and Character Development in the sense of magic. This generation has the ability to use their respective force, after meeting criteria, and use a lacrima to either achieve 3rd Generation or Mixed Slayer."

This is beyond vague, you need to go into description of the "meeting criteria" and don't include lacrima and mixed slayers in this as it's about the 1st generation not the 2nd or third. You will just confuse things.

"These slayers who through Character Development of an Event, or through sheer dedication through our missions and posting with others, have saved enough money to buy a Slayer Lacrima. These slayers are similar to the 1st generation in the sense that they also have access to the same slayer force, but, unlike 1st Gen, are unable to acquire 3rd or Mixed due to already using a lacrima."

Let me start off explaining that this breaks one firm rule with Lost Slayer magic, they can't have a secondary magic. As such a random user can not buy a lacrima and become a slayer. However I will allow the user to become a slayer if and only if they buy out of their current magic to be a Slayer. The reason for this is Slayers and Lost Magic users are forbidden to have a secondary magic so as such, no random person with a main magic already can become a slayer. Also I'm against activating force at will as that is an extremely strong ability it should only be able to activate through a strong emotion.

"These slayers, like 3rd Generations, have decided to use a lacrima to further themselves. Unlike 3rd generations, Mixed-Elements have decided to add another element to their arsenal. With this being said, their second element will follow under the Secondary Magic Rules along with another exception. This being that when you choose a second element, you are either allowed to choose a whole other element and be unable to mix it with your first or mix the 2 for an 'advance' element and run the risk of slayers of one of the elements being able to consume the mixture. These Slayers are also subject to the Force rules of the 1st and 2nd Generations."

Absolutely not because no matter what people are gonna go for the advanced element which is going to be twice as strong and you will technically have three elements, I am for the first and second one but advanced no. Unless of course the advanced element is a spell of itself entirely of it's own which combines the two elements together kinda like unison raid without the second person. Again force and aura should be obtained through strong emotion not automatically activated.

All in general I understand where you are coming from, but we literally just banned storm slayers, because of the fact they start off with two elements, because of this we are able to combine for an advanced element. If you give someone the choice to chose the base element or the advanced element nine times out of ten the advanced element will be the choice every time. The point of the secondary element is as followed, it's secondary, your first element is your main now I'm not saying you can't combine the two elements to get an advanced element, you can but through a spell that combines the two much like a unison raid without the second person. Giving someone a main element then the choice of base or mixed will mean the mixed gets picked and then that defeats the purpose of have the main making the mixed element the strongest and used more which isn't the point of secondary stuff. So as such I believe you need to make some edits to this.
    Grimrok
    Grimrok

Post by Grimrok Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:25 pm

This topic is closed. Development will be re-doing the Slayers as a team with no outside help from the rest of the staff. Too much fighting has been going on and the Slayer information still has not been decided on because of this. Topic closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 am