Fairy Tail Online RP

Trial at Tenrou  Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Trial at Tenrou  Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Trial at Tenrou

Selenia
    Selenia

Trial at Tenrou  Qm1sqjP

Trial at Tenrou  Empty Trial at Tenrou

Post by Selenia Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:30 am

The sun was bearing down on the three of them as they made their way to the sacred island of the Fairy Tail guild, Tenrou. To the south of Fiore's mainland, it existed in a location unknown to anyone except for those who had visited it before, and those were but a handful of people. Therefore it would be nearly impossible to find for anyone who didn't already know where it was. In addition, the island was in a naturally misty area of the sea, which made the chances of finding it nearly zero, even from above. The visibility as the boat approached the shoreline wasn't very good, but Selenia had no fear; she'd already been to the island before and therefore knew exactly where it was, although her last time here hadn't been pleasant. She could still remember burying him in the soil of the island that lay up ahead...

After a few minutes, Tenrou came into view, an astonishing view that still took even Selenia's breath away. Tenrou Island stands alone in the middle of the sea, with no other isles visible in the surrounding area. It is a mildly small, rocky and steep island covered by lush vegetation, both bright yellow and green in color. One side of the island is shown to be particular rocky, possessing large formations jutting outwards from the ground, one near the shore, protruding above the sea, and the other near the center of the island, overlooking it; the latter has a pair of waterfalls falling down from it in a small lake below. Topping such second rocky formation stands the most distinctive element of the island: the Great Tenrou Tree, a gigantic tree with a gnarled, mildly curved trunk, ending in a number of large branches which sustain something that has been described as being similar to "an island on top of an island", being a large, flat section composed of earth and crowded by a multitude of normal-sized trees. Such a gargantuan plant possesses a multitude of similarly large, curved and twisted roots, which right below the trunk sustain massive lumps of earth; something which creates some sort of covered area right below the tree itself. However, Tenrou definitely had a hot, summer climate, and because of the clashing currents that are present in the area, Tenrou Island is unaffected by other climates and weather systems, which keeps the temperature high all year long, which although enjoyable in the water, was stifling on the ship and made the view a bit less enjoyable after a moment.

In any case, landing on the shore and a few minutes later stepping onto the island was a refreshing release from the sun's rays, even if for a moment. Selenia let the both of them take in the sights for a moment, allowing them to accustom themselves to this new location, which they both now knew how to find. Then, without further ado, she began. The S-Rank trials awaited these two, and it was time to see who the victor would be. But first, there were three challenges they would face, to determine what they were each capable of.

Walking forward a bit, she turned to face them before beginning.

"Now that we're here, I will explain to you the first of three challenges you will face here. The first challenge of the S-Rank trials will be a fight against each other. This will test not only your skill in a fight, but your resolve. You are not allowed to permanently harm the other person, and especially not kill them; simply aim to land as many blows on them as possible. This challenge gives both of you five points. Your opponent can remove one point for each time they land a blow, up to five hits. Now then, before we begin, follow me further inside to where the battles can take place. While we walk, are there any questions?" Selenia asks, striding forth towards the appointed battle area.
    Meliodus
    Meliodus

Trial at Tenrou  FcB4idF

Trial at Tenrou  Empty Re: Trial at Tenrou

Post by Meliodus Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Meliodus stood at the bow of the ship clinging to the rigging for dear life as it rocked with the motion of the ocean. He stuck his head over the side where the light breeze made him feel minutely better "Oh man... The sooner this ends the better!" He wheezed as he rested his head against the wood deck.

He lifted his head as he felt the bow of the ship slide relatively gently upon the shore and Meliodus rolled too far in his overwhelming need to vacate the ship and went over the bow to land in the sea water with an almighty splash; "You gotta be kidding me!" He groaned as he clawed his way onto the sandy shore spitting the water from his mouth with a cough; "Hey Selenia, I know you're the master now but did we really have to co-" He was cut short when he was finally of a sound body and mind enough to take in the scenery. The overflowing greenery, the sparkling water and of course the almighty Tenrou Tree towering mightily above the island. "Wow..."

The slayer got to his feet as he heard Selenia speak of the upcoming tests. The water was dripping from his garments as he shook the water for his fiery red hair and followed on behind the guild master.

Magic:
    Ami
    Ami

Trial at Tenrou  K9sMTXL

Post by Ami Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

The warm breeze made her feel alive. Ami sat near the back of the ship reading a book to pass time. She was on a journey to an unknown location, she had not been disclosed where it would be. She simply shrugged and went along. She could trust her guildmaster Selenia without a doubt. The journey there was peaceful, a bit too humid for her liking but she wasn’t complaining much. However the pinkette grew restless, she wasn’t known for her patience. She could not stop squirming around in her seat.

Ami closed the cover of her book as they neared their location. A moan entered her ears. She shot a slightly concerned glance at her guildmate Meliodus. It was a known fact that he had motion sickness, a condition that even the strongest of healers could not heal but simply treat. She felt a twinge of sympathy for him. However her eyes trailed to the island. She was immediately captivated by its beauty. The island was lush and green with many plants, its landmark was a beautiful tree in the middle. She had no idea where they were but she was quite intrigued.

Placing the book to her side she walked to the mast to get a better view. However she was not satisfied yet she looked up and saw a small platform she could stand on, however she could not climb up there. Smirking she spread her wings and took up into the sky as she flew onto the platform. The view she saw from there was surreal. She gasped in amazement.

“Wow.” She said in a soft voice. The ship rocked slightly back and forth as its hull touched the land of the island. She held onto the ship so she would not fall off.

However they were not here for a small vacation, although that would have been quite lovely. No, they were there to take the S rank trials. If Ami were to pass this, it would have been a large milestone in her life, or lives rather. She was excited nonetheless. She jumped off of the platform; she spread her wings to the side as she gracefully landed into the sand. She stared at her guildmate and her guildmaster before she went on to listen to Selenia talk about the S rank trials. It would be wise not to zone out during this period lest she miss some key information about it.
    Spells:
    Selenia
    Selenia

Trial at Tenrou  Qm1sqjP

Post by Selenia Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:35 pm

(Just some notes about your magics:

Ami: You can have up to three perks if you'd like.

Meliodus: Your sensory perk can only boost one sense, and keep in mind the range must be at most S-Rank AOE spell radius. Also, you have can have 3 D-Rank spells, 2 C-Rank, 2 B-Rank, 2 A-Rank, and 1 S-Rank. You can remove one of your spells from C and B and then add one into D (or simply remove one and move one from C or B over, with changes in rank of course. Also, all your burning effects won't apply unless they reduce the spell's initial damage by the same percentage.

Before you guys post, please say what edits you'll be making if any in the Skype group and then edit here once I approve~

Remember, you're both basically S-Rank here! Let's see who keeps it cx)

"I apologize for the boat ride, Meliodus, but it was necessary; you know that. Tenrou has been the home of Fairy Tail's S-Rank trials as long as I can remember; I myself had my S-Rank trials here. It honestly hasn't been that long..." Selenia mutters, nostalgia hitting her as she thought of the past.

"In any case, just up ahead is your battleground. Seeing as neither of you have any questions, I guess I explained the rules well enough. If you wish to surrender, that is an option as well; do not push yourself too hard, I don't want you to collapse from exhaustion. But give it your all. I'll be watching from the sidelines to make sure no one gets too hurt.

They entered an area where the terrain changed from tree roots and shrubs to hard-packed ground; while the forest still surrounded them, it seemed as though it simply stopped as through some invisible barrier was keeping it back, leaving this place an empty and flat terrain, perfect for a battle without any advantages. The battlefield was about 300 meters wide at its farthest, although it was more of an oval than a circle, making it only 150 meters wide on the left and right.

"One last thing, I'll have a Celestial Spirit summoned for healing if you decide to surrender, so if you feel like you're too injured to continue simply let me know. Also, don't worry about holding back your magic here; you can't kill a member of Fairy Tail here even if you tried. Thanks to the Great Tenrou Tree, no one that is a member of Fairy Tail will ever die on this island, so long as the tree remains. Also, your magic power is enhanced by the tree - I'm sure you've noticed by now. So you won't have any trouble casting as many spells as you want, so I don't think this match will be called by one of you being tired out," Selenia continued.

"Now then, before the match begins, let me just introduce you to my healing spirit which will be helping out today," Selenia says, smiling. Pulling a silver key from her ring, she holds it out in front of her and shouted, "Open, Gate of the Unicorn, Monoceros!"

From a magic circle on the ground in front of her, Monoceros, the Unicorn appears, a beautiful Celestial Spirit who looked exactly like a mythical unicorn. Although the Spirit had no ability to speak, it was noble, gentle, and kind, having come to Selenia's aid many times before.

"Everyone, meet Monoceros. Monoceros, this is Meliodus, and that's Ami. They're going to be competing in Fairy Tail's S-Rank trials," Selenia said, gesturing as she explained. The unicorn bowed its head slightly at the two of them for a second before looking back up, although it seemed to not enjoy Meliodus's presence very much. "And, I guess I might as well...," Selenia said,  grabbing and holding out another silver key in front of her, "Open, Gate of the Canis Minor, Nikora!" she exclaimed. A magic circle appeared to her right this time, from which came Plue.

"You guys already know Plue. Well then, once you guys are ready... good luck to both of you, and let S-Rank trial battle commence!" Selenia announced, smiling at the two of them and watching closely from the edge of the battlefield.
    Meliodus
    Meliodus

Trial at Tenrou  FcB4idF

Post by Meliodus Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 am

Meliodus followed the new master rubbing the back of his neck trying desperately to get rick of the nausea before mopping his brow with his sleeve in the hopes that it may alleviate some of the sweat. He listened intently hearing the rules and appeared surprised as Selenia summoned her Celestial spirits; "I gotcha, can't die, go nuts, impress you... Got it." He grinned as he began walking to the edge of the large oval arena.

The battlefield itself was flat, excluding the surrounding foliage there was nothing blocking his way particularly or offering any cover which would prove both a blessing and a curse in his eyes.  He looked at his opponent and considered her magic and what she was capable of, he had not known Ami for long at all and using the full capabilities of his power made him feel a little on edge but also brimming with anticipation of the battle. "Ready when you are kiddo!"

He yelled across the field to Ami before sparking his fist into flames. "Have you ever faced a dragon slayer before?" He glanced back up to Selenia; "Yo, she gonna be okay taking a hit? I don't like the idea of hitting a woman too much!" He grumbled narrowing his red eyes.

He thought back to the war and the part he had played in the protection of the guild, it had been a bitter and gritty war with more battles than he had ever hoped to fight, any blood lust he had before the war was gone long before its end and now he stood here having to prove himself just for a title?  He knew his ability and the power that he possessed and holding a grudge match to him was not his idea of fun in the slightest. "Let's get this over with..." He snarled as he changed his stance, he took a more grounded position, his fists lifted and his breathing slowed, his gaze zoned in almost boring through Ami; "I'm sorry... I wouldn't want to do it this way.." He thought to himself as he prepared for the S Rank exam.
    Ami
    Ami

Trial at Tenrou  K9sMTXL

Post by Ami Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Ami listened to her Guild Master thoughtfully as she spoke. She gave a few nods to show that she was in fact listening to her. "Alright, I'm fine with that. I'm ready to accept this new challenge. However, if I somehow do go haywire, please stop me. If you have to kill me." She spoke with pride in her voice but there was also a speck of fear. She was ready, ready to start the next chapter of her new life. To finally escape the past that constantly haunted her. She strolled to the other side of the oval area from where her opponent was standing.

She barely knew Meliodus. All she knew was that he was a dragon slayer, a very ancient and rare magic. However Ami's magic should not be underestimated as well, for it was once used to kill those who betrayed heaven. She shifted her position slightly, she was ready. Ready to fight for her position as an S rank mage.

"Have you ever faced a dragon slayer before?" Meliodus asked her. She gave a slight laugh before she then responded with her own retort.

"I never had Meliodus. However know this, I've faced countless of demons and fallen angels alike before I was reborn. Although I may have not retained the skill I formerly held, I still retain the power I used to slay them with. If I can do that, well I can beat a dragon slayer at his own battle." She said with a confident smirk upon his face. She knew patience was key, if she acted too recklessly she would lose at her own battle. Her smirk did not wane when she heard what he said next. "Who says I'm a woman. My gender may be female however gender doesn't matter. I am as strong as any men can be, yet I am as smart as a woman. Never underestimate me, lest you will be in for a ride."

She listened to him talk a bit more before she nodded. "I apologize if I go overboard. I cannot control the side I am about to let out, I had always tried but she keeps coming back and stealing control from me." She said. She began to observe him. She was going to allow him to have the first move, that way she could figure out what his strategy was before she would go all out on him as well.
    Meliodus
    Meliodus

Trial at Tenrou  FcB4idF

Post by Meliodus Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 am

(OOC: start song before the post starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_upMKUm16M )

Meliodus heard Ami's words and retracted from his aggressive pose to look at her for a moment before slowly walking towards her his head bowed, his flame red hair covering his eyes; "You listen to me... I don't know when you joined Fairy Tail and in truth I love every single member and you are no different, just by bearing that mark I will love you above all else in this world because Fairy Tail is my family, it is a bond that is never going to be broken, after every trial we as a guild has faced we have stood strong. We have bled, shed tears and mourned all those who have fought beside us and given their all to protect this guild so let me make myself clear as the former master..."

His steps became heavier as his aura exploded in flames around him appearing like a mighty dragon; "My whole existence is the protection of this guild and every single member within its ranks! You speak of beating gods, demons and that dragons should dwarf them? well maybe I should make a final thing clear to you with that 'dragon slayer magic' truly means..."

He lifted his face to show the tears welling in his eyes, his red eyes showed pain, anger, frustration all of the emotion that could be mustered erupted from his very soul, his body was tense as the flames around him shone even brighter, the plant life around him began to wilt with them heat brought forth from his body and the flames around him; " My magic is meant to kill dragons, not be equal! I WILL TAKE THIS POSITION BECAUSE IF I HAVE TO DEFEAT DRAGONS, GODS, DEMONS, HELL WON'T EVEN STAND IN MY WAY! BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE PROTECTION OF FAIRY TAIL THERE IS NOTHING THAT I AM WILLING TO LAY ON THE LINE TO SAVE THE GUILD THAT I LOVE! ARRRGGGHH!" He let out a bellowing roar as he launched himself forward, tears rolling down his cheeks as the image of flames behind him launched forward like a mighty predator after its prey. This was a mage of the might guild Fairy Tail and he would not let anyone best him when it came to the protection of the guild he adored.
    Diane
    Diane

Trial at Tenrou  ODFYPdI

Post by Diane Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Cassandra merely narrows her eyes and waits for the attack, not responding in the slightest. Once her enemy's attack becomes apparent, she shouts, "Poison Dragon's Guard!" to use her strongest A-Rank defensive spell to try and block his attack. She wasn't sure if the 10 meter wide wall with a maximum of a four post duration and a five post cooldown would completely block his attack, but it was better than wasting her own offensive attacks just to block his.
    Meliodus
    Meliodus

Trial at Tenrou  FcB4idF

Post by Meliodus Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:19 pm

Meliodus' eyes opened wide as he was met with an almost solid wall, his body clenched as he was now forced to slam into the wall, he had no attack planned. He was hoping that the wall wasn't that stong in power but he had to do something! With what force he could use he summoned forth his magic; "Fire Dragon's wing attack!" He bellowed as the lashes of flame exploded from his arms to create a terrific bang but with it he was propelled into the air now lingering in the air above Diane; "you wanna play games like that huh?!" He bellowed with his eyes focused on his prize.
    Diane
    Diane

Trial at Tenrou  ODFYPdI

Post by Diane Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 am

I smirked as his attack simply dissipated once it hit my shield - sure, the shield was weakened, down to B-Rank now, but it was still holding strong. He wasn't going to get through that easily, especially not with such a weak attack. I'd wait for him to strike again before going on offense; after all, there was no point in letting a perfectly good spell shield go to waste. What would his next plan of action be? Was he going to attack again, perhaps with a stronger spell? Or was he just as much of an idiot as ever?
    Meliodus
    Meliodus

Trial at Tenrou  FcB4idF

Post by Meliodus Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Meliodus stayed airborne, with not much else he could do landed behind his opponent gritting his teeth; "well now at least i know that spell is gonna be a pain in my ass" He grumbled as he swung the wreaths of flames over his head and brought them down once again upon the shield; "You can't hide behind there forever Diane!" He grinned as he lashed the shield time and time again; "come on, I thought you were supposed to be a Slayer? So why don't you show me what poison can do to fire..." His face held a grin of determination but within held much more than that, it was the determination to succeed no matter what the cost.
    Diane
    Diane

Trial at Tenrou  ODFYPdI

Post by Diane Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:43 pm

"Well, if you say so," she grinned, shouting, "Poison Dragon Slayer's Roar!"

Putting her fingers up to her mouth, she let the shield down and shoot the S-Rank roar at her opponent at the close range they were at, grinning as the poison whirled towards him. Once the spell was loosed, she turned and ran to make ground between them. Even if she was a Dragon Slayer, she wasn't an idiot. Fighting him in a way that he wouldn't be able to counter was her best shot at winning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 am