Fairy Tail Online RP

Durations and Cooldowns Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Durations and Cooldowns Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Durations and Cooldowns

Selenia
    Selenia

Durations and Cooldowns Qm1sqjP

Durations and Cooldowns Empty Durations and Cooldowns

Post by Selenia Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:06 am

Unless a particular magic system says otherwise for balance reasons, these are the maximum durations and cooldowns for all spells. This means that these spells can last at maximum this long, but can be as short as a one post duration as well. For each post the spell is active, however, it will continue to have an effect and apply it during each post it is active for, but the cooldown shown for that rank is increased by one post based on the duration of the spell. No matter what, however, the cooldown of that spell will be that rank. The maxiumum duration is just to provide limits perk rank; the cooldowns themselves are affected by how long the duration of a spell is, with each post after the first increasing the cooldown by one post.

Maxiumum Durations Per Rank
    D Rank Duration: 2 posts
    C Rank Duration: 3 posts
    B Rank Duration: 4 posts
    A Rank Duration: 5 posts
    S Rank Duration: 6 posts
    SS Rank Duration: 7 posts
    X Rank Duration: 8 posts

Cooldowns Per Rank
    D Rank Cooldown: 3 posts
    C Rank Cooldown: 5 posts
    B Rank Cooldown: 7 posts
    A Rank Cooldown: 9 posts
    S Rank Cooldown: 11 posts
    SS Rank Cooldown: 13 posts
    X Rank Cooldown: 15 posts
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Durations and Cooldowns FcB4idF

Durations and Cooldowns Empty Re: Durations and Cooldowns

Post by Ean Sableheart Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm not worrying about this until my hand is forced.

Basically I'm giving the site a lot of freedom with this. In the end the only thing I'm requiring is that cooldowns must be higher then the given duration and have minimums based on the rank of the spells.

Minimum cooldowns:

D-rank: 1 post
    C-rank: 3 posts
    B-rank: 5 posts
    A-rank: 8 posts
    S-rank: 12 posts
    SS-rank: 16 posts
    X-rank: 20 posts

In addition all cooldowns must be higher then the duration. Cooldowns may be asked to be raised depending on the kind of spell and effects of the spell.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:12 pm

The only reason I'm against cooldowns working like that is because high-level spells can be spammed if they just have low cooldowns. I want someone else to voice an opinion, but if no one does we can always try it your way.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Durations and Cooldowns FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:40 pm

I understand that and that's something of a logic. That's why minimums are made and you allow staff to dictate what is and what is not warranting higher. Basically if you fire something off like Etherion its going to have massive cooldowns but if its an etherion-esque attack that has some AoE (a super cold etherion that also freezes the area it passes through) the cooldown increases exponentially.

I kind of want to give the site a lot of freedom early on mechanically and abuses will result in rule changes. You life is easy until you start pissing me off is my thought on things. :3
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Durations and Cooldowns N51AM3g

Post by Kyoto Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:36 pm

With Selenia's system it gives you a set duration/cooldown vs the other that forces a minimum cooldown no matter the duration of the spell. (From what I am looking at) Plus it keeps everyone balanced with each other, so Player A can't fuss about Player B having a similar spell but with a longer duration/short cooldown because of different MODS grading differently.

Selenia wrote:Unless a particular magic system says otherwise for balance reasons, these are the maximum durations and cooldowns for all spells. This means that these spells can last at maximum this long, but can be as short as a one post duration as well. For each post the spell is active, however, it will continue to have an effect and apply it during each post it is active for, but the cooldown shown for that rank is increased by one post based on the duration of the spell. No matter what, however, the cooldown of that spell will be that rank. The maxiumum duration is just to provide limits perk rank; the cooldowns themselves are affected by how long the duration of a spell is, with each post after the first increasing the cooldown by one post.

X Rank       Duration: 8 posts

Cooldowns Per Rank
    D Rank      Cooldown: 3 posts
    C Rank      Cooldown: 5 posts
    B Rank      Cooldown: 7 posts
    A Rank      Cooldown: 9 posts
    S Rank      Cooldown: 11 posts
    SS Rank    Cooldown: 13 posts
    X Rank      Cooldown: 15 posts
    Uriel M. Raven
    Uriel M. Raven

Durations and Cooldowns K9sMTXL

Post by Uriel M. Raven Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Bump
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:25 am

The longer it takes to incorporate this, the more people are going to have to change their spells, but if we just wanna see how bad the current cooldown system is that's fine.
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Durations and Cooldowns TatR81B

Post by Norou Shikage Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Kyoto wrote:With Selenia's system it gives you a set duration/cooldown vs the other that forces a minimum cooldown no matter the duration of the spell. (From what I am looking at) Plus it keeps everyone balanced with each other, so Player A can't fuss about Player B having a similar spell but with a longer duration/short cooldown because of different MODS grading differently.

Selenia wrote:Unless a particular magic system says otherwise for balance reasons, these are the maximum durations and cooldowns for all spells. This means that these spells can last at maximum this long, but can be as short as a one post duration as well. For each post the spell is active, however, it will continue to have an effect and apply it during each post it is active for, but the cooldown shown for that rank is increased by one post based on the duration of the spell. No matter what, however, the cooldown of that spell will be that rank. The maxiumum duration is just to provide limits perk rank; the cooldowns themselves are affected by how long the duration of a spell is, with each post after the first increasing the cooldown by one post.

X Rank       Duration: 8 posts

Cooldowns Per Rank
    D Rank      Cooldown: 3 posts
    C Rank      Cooldown: 5 posts
    B Rank      Cooldown: 7 posts
    A Rank      Cooldown: 9 posts
    S Rank      Cooldown: 11 posts
    SS Rank    Cooldown: 13 posts
    X Rank      Cooldown: 15 posts

I don't even know why this isn't a definite thing. This is exactly how it should be O.o
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:11 pm

This is finished archive and implement.
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:16 am

Should we limit SS-Rank spells to twice a thread and X-Rank spells to once a thread?
    Bacon
    Bacon

Durations and Cooldowns D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:33 pm

i would say so. Just until we have more people doing jobs and reaching the standard A rank EXP. After that, we can make them unlimited unless we see the need to limit them again.

I'm assuming this is locked now then?
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Selenia wrote:Should we limit SS-Rank spells to twice a thread and X-Rank spells to once a thread?

I'm sorry but god no, why the hell would you limit SS rank spells lmfao. They already have a minimum of 8 post CD, this is a horrible and weird idea.
    Bacon
    Bacon

Durations and Cooldowns D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Norou Shikage wrote:
    Selenia wrote:Should we limit SS-Rank spells to twice a thread and X-Rank spells to once a thread?

I'm sorry but god no, why the hell would you limit SS rank spells lmfao. They already have a minimum of 8 post CD, this is a horrible and weird idea.

That's true in the end. just thought about if they fight a person of their rank too...
    Selenia
    Selenia

Post by Selenia Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Yeah, if we're getting rid of it later anyways, then there's no point in having them in now ^^ Someone edit this into the correct place o.o and then I will lock and archive
    Norou Shikage
    Norou Shikage

Post by Norou Shikage Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Bacon wrote:
    Norou Shikage wrote:

That's true in the end. just thought about if they fight a person of their rank too...

If you limit it to two SS rank spells per thread fights against SS ranks will never end....lol
    Kyoto
    Kyoto

Post by Kyoto Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:57 pm

As I said archive and implement. No to limiting spells in threads that's 'dumb'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:17 am