Fairy Tail Online RP

Character Class System [traditional] Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Character Class System [traditional] Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Character Class System [traditional]

13ea
    13ea

Character Class System [traditional] ODFYPdI

Character Class System [traditional] Empty Character Class System [traditional]

Post by 13ea Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:06 pm

If we are going for a traditional class system D-S rank or what ever letter rank is higher than S....I suggest we use a similar system to ulrps.

http://www.unknownlandsrp.com/t574-class-level-and-spell-information
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Character Class System [traditional] Empty Re: Character Class System [traditional]

Post by Spinal Tap Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Character Class System [traditional] FcB4idF

Character Class System [traditional] Empty Re: Character Class System [traditional]

Post by Ean Sableheart Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:27 pm

I've already mentioned how I didn't like the traditional class system.
    13ea
    13ea

Post by 13ea Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:33 pm

yeah...but.....uhnn Spinal Tap explain the flaw of the suggested class system
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Post by Spinal Tap Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:43 pm

No gauge of power.
    No way of measuring power.

Even if you went with how free the magic feels... eventually people will just buy S-ranked spells. and only S-ranked spells.

No matter how to try to regulate that... it still ends up to becoming this.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:15 pm

yet this creates an exclusive power where nobody can beat a person of higher rank on their own. A c-rank assumes to beat a D-rank. Power is to gauged and measured to where beating somebody with more is impossible.

The skill idea was only to use relative power and was meant to be used with a class system I suggested, where most people fall under mage with two higher ranks for the best of mages. The skills were meant to gauge power/ability in individual categories, rather than assuming everything gets better all at once. Rather than give rank to everything at the same time, give rank to each individual trait or skill they have available. Perhaps I didn't clarify this was the intent enough(probably because I'm not done) but this is the final intent of the skills system. I'm also tired of seeing the same thing on site after site after site and I'm trying to break the mold. Classes are basically tiers and you do missions to rank up in tiers and it becomes a boring competition to see who can get to the highest tier.

All skills get ranked. There's a limit as to how high you can rank these things in each of the 3 classes.

In order to go up in class, you need a certain amount of experience(just for clarification) and a sufficient amount of personal development to bar any sort of power playing surge because most power players don't do those sorts of things.

It also fleshes out clearly what somebody is/isn't good at in a sense where they can't just power up everything by assumption of a rank up.

edit: http://www.bleach-gotei.com/index.php?/topic/10755-stats-and-skills/

This is the tool of reference I'm using without the stats and using exclusively 'skills'
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Post by Spinal Tap Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Ean Vanguard wrote:yet this creates an exclusive power where nobody can beat a person of higher rank on their own. A c-rank assumes to beat a D-rank. Power is to gauged and measured to where beating somebody with more is impossible.

The skill idea was only to use relative power and was meant to be used with a class system I suggested, where most people fall under mage with two higher ranks for the best of mages. The skills were meant to gauge power/ability in individual categories, rather than assuming everything gets better all at once. Rather than give rank to everything at the same time, give rank to each individual trait or skill they have available. Perhaps I didn't clarify this was the intent enough(probably because I'm not done) but this is the final intent of the skills system. I'm also tired of seeing the same thing on site after site after site and I'm trying to break the mold. Classes are basically tiers and you do missions to rank up in tiers and it becomes a boring competition to see who can get to the highest tier.

All skills get ranked. There's a limit as to how high you can rank these things in each of the 3 classes.

In order to go up in class, you need a certain amount of experience(just for clarification) and a sufficient amount of personal development to bar any sort of power playing surge because most power players don't do those sorts of things.

It also fleshes out clearly what somebody is/isn't good at in a sense where they can't just power up everything by assumption of a rank up.

This is the tool of reference I'm using without the stats and using exclusively 'skills'

Omg Gotei.. the memories...

Anyways, I see the point more clearly now... but your reasoning is based on the power gap between ranks...

I really don't have a good counter argument... but the whole "WC to boost stats" has, and will always leave a foul taste in my mouth. I've seen it be abused over and over. So I dunno...

That's kinda what the "Level System" is there for.
    13ea
    13ea

Post by 13ea Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:03 pm

you folks just figure it out, I can swing both ways. I like no Class idea I mean we can always boot the WC to boost stats idea. What do you think Dead cakes? The no class seems new and promising.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Post by Ean Sableheart Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Spinal Tap wrote:
    Ean Vanguard wrote:yet this creates an exclusive power where nobody can beat a person of higher rank on their own. A c-rank assumes to beat a D-rank. Power is to gauged and measured to where beating somebody with more is impossible.

Omg Gotei.. the memories...

Anyways, I see the point more clearly now... but your reasoning is based on the power gap between ranks...

I really don't have a good counter argument... but the whole "WC to boost stats" has, and will always leave a foul taste in my mouth. I've seen it be abused over and over. So I dunno...

That's kinda what the "Level System" is there for.

You got my Skype. Hows about Sunday or Monday we start discussing possibilities to do it right and prevent excessive abuse.
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Post by Spinal Tap Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:06 pm

13ae wrote: I can swing both ways.

I didn't know you were bi.

Anyways, I do liek the concept... but I'd like to see it completed before I even really...

Well I just wanna see it completed.
    13ea
    13ea

Post by 13ea Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:15 pm

I have a skype too..... but wutevs I'll let yall handle it....I'm just the drafter XD
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Class System [traditional] D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 am

We have a skype staff chat now, we can just talk about this there?
    Spinal Tap
    Spinal Tap

Post by Spinal Tap Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:29 am

This was sorted via CB.

So this will start later...
    Bacon
    Bacon

Character Class System [traditional] D3kALDY

Post by Bacon Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Spinal Tap wrote:This was sorted via CB.

So this will start later...

I'm assuming this is now a locked thread? o.0

[LOCKED]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:21 am