Fairy Tail Online RP

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] Z0wCCXI

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fairy Tail Online RP

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] Z0wCCXI

Fairy Tail Online RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 37 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://fairytailonline-rp.rpg-board.net/u326!

Site Maintenance. Please Move Here: www.fairytailhaven.forumotion.com

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done]

Sun Wukong
    Sun Wukong

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] ODFYPdI

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] Empty Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done]

Post by Sun Wukong Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:11 pm

So for the people that have been tasked to work with me (for those of you who aren't but would like to comment, please PM me and the other members~ so we can keep things clean and direct! I never mind outside input ^_^)

This is what I feel would be best then after posing my "focus" idea. Hopefully this can appease MOST everyone because its impossible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

We will have ranks and stats. I shall start with the ranks of the site.

Ranks

D-rank: You have just started your magical adventure and are new to magic, you could easily pwn a person without magic but you still have a lot to learn.
    C-rank: You've got some tricks up your sleeve and you're decently strong to boot, KEEP LEARNING!
    B-rank: You might as well consider  yourself a regarded mage in the community, you've made it this far and you are nothing to joke about but don't forget, there will always be someone better than you!
    A-rank: Wow you made it this far? You're knowledge of not just your magic but magic in general is pretty good, you can take on most opponents you'd face.
    S-rank: Once considered the pinnacle of power in terms of mages, you're extremely strong. With your most powerful spells you could even change landscapes, scary! BUT there is power beyond this.
    SS-rank: You've become a bit more than just a top ranked mage, you might be a guild leader or just someone who is extremely talented, regardless...your power is scary.
    X-rank: Stories have told of your power through the ages...The pinnacle of your power is something to be reckoned with and definitely not to be messed with, we'll see what you can do Wink
    L-rank: You are a LIVING LEGEND, mere stories pale in comparison to what you can ACTUALLY do. With this power, in the right hands could save the world but in the wrong hands....could destroy it. (This rank would only be attainable by reward from special events and must be approved by the admins and ultimately by the founder.)

Obiouvsly the rank descriptions could use some work, im a little drunk and in a rush but only because I want to get this done but you SHOULD be able to get the gist of this, we need somewhere to start before we can refine things so here it is~

Now onto the stat system which will be broken down into 5 categories.

Stats

Strength: This will determine your physical capabilities, the stronger you are the more damage you can deal without even having to use magic as well as dictate how high you can jump.

Speed: This will determine not only your movement speed but your dexterity as well, the higher your speed is the faster you can move, dodge, and handle things (I.E. Hand-eye coordination and similar things.)

Intelligence: This will determine how smart you are in general, this will help with reasoning skills, speech skills, deceiving people and overall cognition. The smarter you are the faster you can figure out others spells and how they work as well as making you faster at creating tactics to counter your opponent.

Mana: Similar to endurance, Mana will determine how quickly you get exhausted by casting spells. The higher your Mana stats are the longer you can persist on casting spells in combat which can help to outlast your opponent in a magical sense.

Endurance: This stat will determine your physical stamina, the counterpart to Mana which would correlate with your "magical stamina". The more Endurance you have the more hits you can take and keeping moving forward with a battle as well as allowing you to fight physically for longer periods of time, run at full speed for longer periods of time and use your full strength for longer periods of time.

I only had about 35 minutes to make this so its a rough draft BUT this will continue to be updated as we go. NOW onto the stat levels.

Stat levels will determine how good you are in the aforementioned skills and will also be broken down into 5 different levels:

Beginner: You've only but just begun in terms of this skills, you're at the bottom tier of said skills in terms of whatever rank you might be.

Rookie: You're in a training and you've gotten better for sure, your skills could use some refining however. You aren't the worst but you have a ways to go to be the best in this skill!

Adept: You've reached a level where you're smack dab in the middle of Terrible and Excellence, you can compete with the average people in this skill because you fall under that category as well.

Skilled: You're a revered member of whatever skill  you might be skilled in, you are exactly that...Skilled. Your better than most and your close to competing with the absolute best in this skill.

Master: You've reached master level and thus...you are a Master in this skill, you cannot get any better even if you tried, congratz~

Now, these skills will be purchasable in the shop for rank ups. I propose as far as skills go, everyone starts with ALL beginner stats. D through B rank's will have to deal with only 1 available rank up at the start, A - S rank's will be allowed 2 ranks ups and guild masters will receive 3 ranks ups for free.

Now lets me explain how different ranks work with this system. A D rank with all beginner stats is still much weaker (by a whole rank exactly) than a C rank with all beginner stats. Every rank you have makes you a whole rank stronger despite what your stat levels say. These stat levels only measure your skill capability WITHIN the rank that you are. SO, an S rank mage VS a D rank mage. Even if the D rank mage is Master in strength, since there are 4 ranks that separate D from S, the S rank would still be 4x stronger even if the S rank mage was a beginner in strength. If yall need further explanation please, ask me, I will explain any and everything to each individual until you understand it~

Last edited by Sun Wukong on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] N51AM3g

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] Empty Re: Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done]

Post by Mizuko Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Okay, for one, I believe there should be more diversity for stats. I'm all for simplicity, but there is such a thing as TOO simple. So, how about, the same thing, five, but each main level is split into three? So that way you can be any one of 15 or so tiers for any stat, which creats a bigger diversity. The name of those three extra tiers could be simple, we could use the first 5 ranks, and make Beginner D-1, D-2, and D-3. And so on with the others.

Now, for the categories. Intelligence is a HUGE no in my opinion. Your intelligence should not be done by stats, as some people are hugely intelligent as a 12 year old, while others are essentially idiots their entire lives. I believe the Mana should be a thing of its own, whether it be percentage or a number for each rank. Making it a stat seems WAY difficult to deal with, and for new members to grasp. The ranks are great to me, they just need fleshing and "prettifying" so that people can pay attention longer.
    Sun Wukong
    Sun Wukong

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] ODFYPdI

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] Empty Re: Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done]

Post by Sun Wukong Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:27 pm

I don't have the time to respond to this all just yet but also, as you go higher in the stat system, the more each still rank up will cost and lets not forget, magic is also capable of boosting your stats so there will be jumps and what-not at the same time. I personally don't think 5 is too simplistic because technically there are much more than 15 stat ranks because each individual mage rank is an independent "power" rank as well.
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Power and how fast you are don't exactly relate. Rank is your general overall well, rank. It's a rounding of who you are placed into categories. Stats are meant to be more exact, so that you're split between each thing and therefore more than just the letter C. It makes it obvious that you're C rank, but you're fast, rather than strong.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Don't like the L rank. Just seems a little excessive. I'd also give one or two ranks up to start in each statistic. So people don't feel like total losers right out the gate. :p

I don't like the intelligence stat though.

I also don't like the beginner D weaker then Beginner C or Beginner B. Beginner is Beginner, any improvement through the rank alone should be superficial at best and negligible.

I do like a grandmaster stat and the idea of ranking stats instead of characters is still in the air with this.
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:07 pm

I like the ranking stats idea. I agree with the beginner D vs. C. Again, ranks are generalities, so it wouldn't be fair to essentially kill any chance of a D-Rank mage winning against a C-Rank.
    Ean Sableheart
    Ean Sableheart

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] FcB4idF

Post by Ean Sableheart Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:19 pm

if one does rank stats instead of characters themselves. My 3 class system makes a good balance although we'd scrap about 80% of that long text wall, as you guys have called it. >.>
    Zed The Workaholic
    Zed The Workaholic

Stats and Ranks [This is it guys. lets get this shit done] OPwF1AW

Post by Zed The Workaholic Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Yo so I may be a graphics professional and what not but I'm gonna go ahead and read through this and tell you what I think. Note all my comments will be in this color right here.

So for the people that have been tasked to work with me (for those of you who aren't but would like to comment, please PM me and the other members~ so we can keep things clean and direct! I never mind outside input ^_^)

This is what I feel would be best then after posing my "focus" idea. Hopefully this can appease MOST everyone because its impossible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

We will have ranks and stats. I shall start with the ranks of the site.

Ranks

D-rank: You have just started your magical adventure and are new to magic, you could easily pwn a person without magic but you still have a lot to learn.
    Where as I agree you don't need magic to fight this site is pretty much the basis for magic so D-rank would be the lowest of the low, if anything they would be Wizards in training but that is just my stand point.
    C-rank: You've got some tricks up your sleeve and you're decently strong to boot, KEEP LEARNING!
    Works for me
    B-rank: You might as well consider  yourself a regarded mage in the community, you've made it this far and you are nothing to joke about but don't forget, there will always be someone better than you!
    This works but we should note Rank B you are able to apply for Ace, that Ace applications will be dealt with differently as it is entirely up to the Guild Master.
    A-rank: Wow you made it this far? You're knowledge of not just your magic but magic in general is pretty good, you can take on most opponents you'd face.
    This works

S-rank: Once considered the pinnacle of power in terms of mages, you're extremely strong. With your most powerful spells you could even change landscapes, scary! BUT there is power beyond this.
    Works
    SS-rank: You've become a bit more than just a top ranked mage, you might be a guild leader or just someone who is extremely talented, regardless...your power is scary.
    Eh. . .I guess I want to say people have to try out for SS-rank
    X-rank: Stories have told of your power through the ages...The pinnacle of your power is something to be reckoned with and definitely not to be messed with, we'll see what you can do Wink
    Meh getting Iffy this I honestly think needs to be the last rank
    L-rank: You are a LIVING LEGEND, mere stories pale in comparison to what you can ACTUALLY do. With this power, in the right hands could save the world but in the wrong hands....could destroy it. (This rank would only be attainable by reward from special events and must be approved by the admins and ultimately by the founder.)
    There is no way in hell L rank should be a thing, this is just too much I'm sorry but I don't agree. X rank should be good enough.  

Obiouvsly the rank descriptions could use some work, im a little drunk and in a rush but only because I want to get this done but you SHOULD be able to get the gist of this, we need somewhere to start before we can refine things so here it is~

Now onto the stat system which will be broken down into 5 categories.

Stats

Strength: This will determine your physical capabilities, the stronger you are the more damage you can deal without even having to use magic as well as dictate how high you can jump.
    Agility is more of how high one and jump or dodge but okay.

Speed: This will determine not only your movement speed but your dexterity as well, the higher your speed is the faster you can move, dodge, and handle things (I.E. Hand-eye coordination and similar things.)
    So basically Reaction timing and locomotive speed? Wouldn't this be two categories then?

Intelligence: This will determine how smart you are in general, this will help with reasoning skills, speech skills, deceiving people and overall cognition. The smarter you are the faster you can figure out others spells and how they work as well as making you faster at creating tactics to counter your opponent.
    Again this is reaction timing and quick reasoning yet again two different categories

Mana: Similar to endurance, Mana will determine how quickly you get exhausted by casting spells. The higher your Mana stats are the longer you can persist on casting spells in combat which can help to outlast your opponent in a magical sense.
    I think Mana should be a pool of how much Magic one can learn as well as a exhaustion point.  Basically what I mean D rank Mages can learn 3 D rank 1 C rank but use up to 3 Crank moves before getting exhausted 2D rank spells=C rank, something like that.

Endurance: This stat will determine your physical stamina, the counterpart to Mana which would correlate with your "magical stamina". The more Endurance you have the more hits you can take and keeping moving forward with a battle as well as allowing you to fight physically for longer periods of time, run at full speed for longer periods of time and use your full strength for longer periods of time.
    Basically Power armor or health, I guess this works but it would have to be a sub category with strength.

I only had about 35 minutes to make this so its a rough draft BUT this will continue to be updated as we go. NOW onto the stat levels.

Stat levels will determine how good you are in the aforementioned skills and will also be broken down into 5 different levels:

Beginner: You've only but just begun in terms of this skills, you're at the bottom tier of said skills in terms of whatever rank you might be.
    Beginner and rookie should be switched or name changed like Traniee and Apprentice or something idk but rookie and beginner are literally the same terminology

Rookie: You're in a training and you've gotten better for sure, your skills could use some refining however. You aren't the worst but you have a ways to go to be the best in this skill!
    Beginner and rookie should be switched or name changed like Traniee and Apprentice or something idk but rookie and beginner are literally the same terminology

Adept: You've reached a level where you're smack dab in the middle of Terrible and Excellence, you can compete with the average people in this skill because you fall under that category as well.
    This works

Skilled: You're a revered member of whatever skill  you might be skilled in, you are exactly that...Skilled. Your better than most and your close to competing with the absolute best in this skill.
    Works

Master: You've reached master level and thus...you are a Master in this skill, you cannot get any better even if you tried, congratz~
    Works

Now, these skills will be purchasable in the shop for rank ups. I propose as far as skills go, everyone starts with ALL beginner stats. D through B rank's will have to deal with only 1 available rank up at the start, A - S rank's will be allowed 2 ranks ups and guild masters will receive 3 ranks ups for free.
    I do not agree what so ever about buying rank ups that is just . . .no.  Rank ups should be determined by Guild Masters, Events, Tournaments, Grand Magic Games, and so forth not through purchasing. We want CD not Money

Now lets me explain how different ranks work with this system. A D rank with all beginner stats is still much weaker (by a whole rank exactly) than a C rank with all beginner stats. Every rank you have makes you a whole rank stronger despite what your stat levels say. These stat levels only measure your skill capability WITHIN the rank that you are. SO, an S rank mage VS a D rank mage. Even if the D rank mage is Master in strength, since there are 4 ranks that separate D from S, the S rank would still be 4x stronger even if the S rank mage was a beginner in strength. If yall need further explanation please, ask me, I will explain any and everything to each individual until you understand it~
    This literally makes no sene if a S rank mage was begginer in strength and a B rank mage was Master in strength then the S rank mage would loose this system is broken in that sense I am not for that.
    Mizuko
    Mizuko

Post by Mizuko Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
    Ranks

X-rank: Stories have told of your power through the ages...The pinnacle of your power is something to be reckoned with and definitely not to be messed with, we'll see what you can do.

Stats

Precision: Secondary attack stat, this determines how accurate distant attacks can get. Better precision determines if you have pin point accuracy from a few thousand feet away or the best you got a punch clean to the face in terms of range.

Endurance: This is the primary defense stat, determining how much damage one takes from attacks of any kind (magical or physical). People with high endurance can survive boulders being dropped on them while people with low endurance can be flicked into submission(metaphor).

Agility: This is the secondary defense stat. This determines you quickness and how well you evade attacks. High agility means you are practically untouchable only by those with high precision.

Awareness: Your ability to sense or detect those around you. Those with high perception can notice even the weakest of mages while those with low perception may not even notice when they're standing in the face of satan himself.

Strength: The primary attack stat, this stat determines how much power one has physically. Those with high strength can smash boulders and walls without the need of magic while those with low strength can barely lift a box.

Stat Levels

Master: You've reached master level and thus...you are a Master in this skill, you cannot get any better even if you tried, congrats!

Legendary: In exchange for locking on of your stats on Skilled, you may rank up one Master stat to Legendary. You managed to get even better than the best!! This can only be done for one stat.

The red is the stuff we have NOT solidified.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:36 am